Thursday, November 4, 2010

Role Playing

While watching "Quiet Rage" I felt so surprised that Zimbardo let the guards do such awful things to the prisoners. I thought it was really surprising how the guards lost all sense of what was right and wrong, it was honestly one of the strangest things I have ever seen. It also surprised me that the prisoners did everything the guards asked them with little to no resistance, even though they KNEW they were in a psychological experiment, and that they could leave whenever they wanted - I thought for sure that the prisoners would leave after having their beds taken away, and being forced to go to the bathroom in buckets. I think overall, the experiment put on by Zimbardo was a little too over the top, however the results that he found were quite interesting, I just think that he could have found the same results in a less harmful way.

No comments:

Post a Comment